Saturday, April 21, 2012

Yousuf Tekri

I have met people who have been living in Hyderabad for decades but havent seen Golconda Fort or the Qutb shahi tombs.It always amazes me as to how could they ignore the centuries old evidence of our culture and history.They all give the same reason.'we arent running off to someplace we will watch it sooner or later'.'uska bhi waqt ata yaro!'(typical hyderabadi nizami attitude).To be frank even i had this attitude for a heritage building close to where i live(since the building in question is relatively not that signifiucant compared to the monuments i mentioned above i have forgiven myself in my court of justice)

Finally last friday I decided i had enough of this and went off to Yousuf Tekri building,along with shoaib.It is located on the tolichowki-mehdipatnam road,adjacent to the mamu's food joint.This building belonged to Nawab Yousufuddin Khan,a subedar of Gulbarga,during the reign of the sixth Nizam Mir Mehbub Ali Khan.It is built in the form of a castle and is more than 120 years old.I was surprised on seeing the interiors.Some people were putting on paint on the walls and the whole place looked beautiful.On asking I was informed that this painting was for a movie shoot that was going to take place in few days.I learned later that this is a favorite location for shooting movies.

There is no problem in going and seeing the building.You need no permission and nobody will stop you there.




15 comments:

  1. I will visit this place next time.you have provided good information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ! yes do it.worth you time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where exactly is this? Is this the old mansion kind of building seen near the food court ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pic of his mansion. clicked for my photography. I'l provide u wid one of those if u want. (pradeep.pai33@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I belong this family who owns this house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do I....it's one of the most beautiful places i have ever been to in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loll ya'll are definitely not my cousins. SO YOU DONT BELONG to the family that owns this house. nice try though ;

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do own this house

    ReplyDelete
  9. This house is a castle. I have seen this house since childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's definitely a good place to hangout as we get a good view from there. Since i was young i use to come there and smoke cigarettes(no one will come there. It was a good "addah" :p)
    And yes i belong to yousuf nawabs family

    ReplyDelete
  11. jao baigan jao.
    Yusuf takri apni hai and pura triangle( known as food court) apna hai :P

    The comments above might belong to my cousins in that case please ignore the above.
    And Who ever wants an exclusive preview of this magnificent master piece "yususf takri haveli",please contact mamu or muqeet (pan shop owners in the food court) to meet me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've passed through this place maybe a thousand times and was always fascinated by this castle but had no information on to whom it belonged and what it is. Thnx a ton for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've passed through this place maybe a thousand times and was always fascinated by this castle but had no information on to whom it belonged and what it is. Thnx a ton for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today the 20th of October on the way back from St.Judes shrine Vikrabad along with my brother we stopped to have lunch at four seasons I spotted this
    Magnificent white bunglow and dropped in to take pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Razzaq siddiqui thank u so much u have provided a very useful information for many of us.pakka hyderabad

    ReplyDelete